Okay so today I wanted to write a post on a morning hair routine that literally takes ten minutes. If you’re anything like me and time never seems to be on your side, then this might be your answer to an easy hair style without much effort. It’s an age old trick that our Grandma’s used, but something that’s been somewhat forgotten amidst the era of curling wands and hair straighteners. It’s good old fashioned heated rollers!
The great thing about heated rollers is that they’re easy to use, quick to put in and they’re cheap! The Con Air travel sized rollers I use are only $20.99 from Amazon, and they’re a doddle to put in in the morning. So here’s how I use them:
- I plug them into the wall while I’m taking a shower – they take a few minutes to warm up but by the time I’m out they’re hot and ready to go.
- I divide my hair into six sections using a comb with the pointy end (I’ve linked the comb I use above).
- I place the roller at the end of the hair section and roll up my hair to my hairline (away from my face). I secure each roller with the white grips provided.
- I find I have quite a lot of hair and so have to divide it into six sections. In this case (because there are only 5 rollers in the pack) I use an additional roller for the last section. I put this last roller in the bottom back section of my hair. This is a non heated roller which I’ve linked above. *Six may be too many rollers for you in which case you will not need to use the additional.
- I put on my make-up while leaving the rollers in my hair, leaving them in about ten minutes.
- Then I simply take the rollers out and voila!
The rollers will leave your hair volumized and give it a slight wave that will last all day. Love this quick and easy foolproof styling trick 🙂